PLEASE REBLOG. Someone might know the answer.
Okay, so this is a very dry, boring post, but here’s to hoping my followers are better at software than I am (which is easy enough).
I’m the scanner guy. I scan stuff. I’ve a 3’x4’ scanner with its own desk. It’s shiny and sounds like a jet taking off in the distance. My long running project is to digitise the photographic archives supplied by local architects, spanning thousands of photos from the previous century. Occasionally, a colleague needs an archival piece to be scanned.
The images above are from the software I am forced to use (I’ve yet to find a way of integrating the scanner with Photoshop). The software is a pain in the backside. I’ve tried multiple variations of rebooting things, including the computer in its entirety, but I keep getting this damn crash report.
The top image shows the scanner layout display, on which I should have a green bounding box to select of what area I want a preview scan. It’s obviously not there. When I press the prescan button anyway, I get the crash report as seen in the bottom image. I’ve seen it more times than I care to remember.
I work at the town archives. While the people are great with their specialised archival software, they know diddly squat about anything else. So I’m kind of trying to find my own answers.
The software is Scanner oXYgen LE by Kodak, and their website has proved the most unhelpful ever. So I turn to the amassed knowledge of Tumblr, which has managed to get a girl a chicken. If there’s anyone here who knows the answer, please help. I know it would be a breeze to spend the rest of the day doing my own thing, but that’s not what I’m here for.
Thanking everyone in advance for reblogging. I wish I had a more fun image for you all, and I do, but I can’t scan it, obviously.
Can anyone help?
Want an awesome Star Trek Backpack? Want it for free? Then this is the post for you!
It’s been a bit since my last giveaway, and I know everyone really likes the backpacks, so I thought I’d give one away!
There will be ONE prize: A custom backpack with the fabric of your choice! Or, if a backpack isn’t quite to your taste- any other bag in my shop! Awesome right?
To enter you are allowed ONE REBLOG and ONE LIKE per day. Each note gets you one entry and I’ll use a random number generator to pick the winner. (I’m not responsible for any tumblr fuckary i.e. lost reblog’s or likes.)
You do not have to follow me to enter- however, if you like Star Trek enough to wear a one of these backpacks, I’d say you have a good chance of liking my blog. Also if, when I select your name, I see you’re following me, you’ll get a little extra in your package!
And speaking of something extra: if you place an order between now and the deadline, use the coupon code 10STARTREK at my shop and get 10% off your order!
The giveaway will close on Saturday June 22nd at 9PM PST. The winner will be tagged in a post and I’ll also send an ask, so be sure yours is open. The winner will have 24 hours to respond to the message. If I don’t receive a response within 24 hours, I will select another recipient.
Sebastian Stan-ELLE Korea
Sexy Sexy >_>
If this gets 3 million notes I’ll make a dress out of these
And wear it to the nearest major city
SIGNAL BOOST AND IF IT GETS TO FOUR MILLION YOU’VE GOT TO MAKE A TIARA THAT MATCHES.
YOU’RE GONNA REGRET PUTTING THIS ON TUMBLR
OMG I’VE NOT BEEN THIS EXCITED SINCE THE FLUFFY CHICKEN POST
we can make it happen
1. “Can I use your computer?”
They don’t need you all up in their shit. They don’t need you typing a single letter into the YouTube search bar and getting prompted to go on a journey through all of the “announcing to the parents we’re pregnant/engaged” happy-cry videos that they enjoy watching in their private leisure time. A person’s laptop is their sacred sphere of masturbation and hate-stalking and messages sent to crushes while drunk at two in the morning. It is not for public consumption. Besides, everyone knows you just want to check your Facebook and dick around for a few minutes. There is no need to make someone sweat bullets and reconsider every digital decision they ever made over that nonsense.2. “How much did you pay for [insert object here]?”
Maybe if you’re really cool with the person and you have a distinct, practical reason for wanting to know the cost of something, it could pass for an acceptable question. And yes, sometimes you can’t help but vomit up the question “How much didthatcost??” when you see something that looks 50 shades of unaffordable. But talking about money is the conversational equivalent of shaking hands after not washing them in the bathroom. There is no reason for you to know about how much that purse cost, even if you really want it or are incredibly suspicious as to how this sweaty plebe managed to get their hands on it. You do the classy thing, wait until you get home and Google the shit out of it.3. “Still on the job search?”
You will know when that shit is over the second it happens. Trust. The unemployed person will burst through your window covered in rhinestones and throw confetti all over your living room, followed by a banner that says in glittery bubble lettering, “I got a job!!!” Until then, it’s not over.4. “Don’t you know that [insert junk food here] is bad for you?”
I want to know exactly what part of the human brain motivates people to say this shit. Because let’s be clear, there is not a human alive who goes up to a pretzel stand at the mall while out doing their shopping and orders a jalapeno cheddar twist with nacho cheese dipping sauce and a lemonade slushy and thinks that they are doing their body a favor. We all know that shit is bad, and health is not why we eat it. We eat it because it tastes like dreams and affection and a warm blanket on a cold night and makes us temporarily forget that we have to go wander under the oppressive fluorescent lighting of Pottery Barn for two hours to help a friend do her wedding registry. The only reason you ask someone if they know that it’s bad is because you are a jealous little bridge troll who wishes they could be eating that stuffed-crust pizza, and will accept the paltry substitute of ruining it for the person who actually is.
Haters.5. “Eww, why do you like [insert band/genre of music here]?”
I LIKE CELINE DION BECAUSE SHE IS AN AMAZING SINGER AND HER GOD-GIVEN TALENT TRANSCENDS YOUR CONDESCENDING JUDGMENT.6. “Still single?”
Yeah, that’s what you do when you see a bleeding axe wound in the middle of someone’s chest, so gaping and raw that you can occasionally see the overworked muscles of their barely-surviving heart moving with the last bit of energy their struggling body can muster. You grab a handful of emotional sea salt and you rub that shit in until your hands give out from exhaustion.7. “Why are you so quiet?”
There are only one of two legitimate answers here:
1. “I am generally a fairly introverted person, and I have a hard time being really outgoing in new social situations, so I am trying to just hang back a little bit and observe until I feel a bit more comfortable. And your questioning of my behavior only further confirms my suspicion that my inability to just ‘be cool’ in the way others seem to makes me stick out like a sore thumb and gives me further reason to not even try stepping out of my comfort zone.”
2. “I am in a bad mood for reasons I’d rather not discuss, even though I am trying my best to remain normal and be around other people. The best way of handling this, for me, is to just be a bit more quiet than usual as I take things in and reflect on the things which are troubling me. But now that you’ve taken the opportunity to point out how weird I’m being, I guess that means I’ll have to either go home to be sad in private or force myself to put on a show of being happy when I really just want to cry.”
And both of these make you look like an asshole.
Those who say the Black Widow’s fighting style is just movie bullshit can see the above. ^ Shit is terrifyingly real.
I think I’m in love.
She’s so tiny.
But she could kill me.
I will reblog this flying head scissors every time it comes on my dash because it’s so fucking awesome.
This is still MY FAVOURITE.
END OF SCHOOL YEAR GIVEAWAY!
School ends in two weeks for me, so to celebrate the coming of summer, you get a giveaway. Prizes are:
- Thor Hammer 3D Deco Light
- Captain America Shield 3D Deco Light
- The Hunger Games Trilogy
- Hulk and Thor 16 oz Glass Cups
- Hansel & Gretel Blu-Ray/DVD (not out yet, but by the time this ends i’ll be able to send it via amazon.)
- Avengers Blu-Ray/DVD (this one is used because it was my copy, but I got my Phase 1 which also has the movie so I decided to give this one away. Oh and Sam may have been trying to eat the sleeve thingy…)
So I count 6 things, so 6 people get to win one thing.
- Reblog or Like as many times as you wish.
- Don’t have to be following me, though I must admit I am quite fucking awesome.
- 6 people will win via random selection, first to respond gets first choice and so on and so forth. So if you’re the last one, then you get whatever is left. Have your ask box open please. If I have to bust a mission to find out where your ask link is then I will pick someone else, because the other choice would be to stab you.
- This will end on the 3rd of June, 2013 at 11:59PM US Pacific Time.
I was going to give out a Phase One, however, due to unforeseen crap I have to hold off on that one till Fall. I do apologize. Oh and this is not restricted to the US.
Any Questions, my ask box is open.
Steve looked down, to make sure Hawkeye wasn’t going anywhere, and then looked back to Tony and extended his empty hand, hefting the knife with the other. Tony went still, eyes widening comically.
“Well?” his throat was dry, voice a croak, but Tony wouldn’t have heard him if he’d shouted. “Death or mercy?”
Tony shoved his hand out, palm open and down, no attempt at dignity or gravity. “Mercy,” he mouthed, as if Steve might misunderstand him, and that might have been of course after it. Tony was a kind man. Soft, a fool, but kind.
- The Emperor’s Fury by Valtyr
always been meaning to illustrate this fic! go read it go read it huehuehue
I would put this on my wall.
My jaw literally just dropped. THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN.
Also Tom Riddle (AKA Voldemort) was the result of a love potion, so basically it’s a love potion that caused everything to go to shit.
The amazing people at threadless have given us EIGHT of these shirts to give away to you fine Sherlockians! You can win two here on tumblr, with the other six being below…
To enter the tumblr version of this giveaway…
- You MUST be following us, as this is a sponsored giveaway through us.
- You may REBLOG & LIKE this post for two chances. tumblr doesn’t count multiple reblogs.
- One reblog will win a t-shirt and one like will win a t-shirt. So we’re giving away TWO shirts on tumblr.
- THIS GIVEAWAY ENDS ON JUNE 10TH.
- Winner will be chosen by a random number generator.
- Have your ASK BOX OPEN! You will be given 48hours to reply before another random person is chosen.
- You’ll be able to pick your fit (men’s or girly) and size and threadless will ship directly to you.
If you just want to buy the shirt yourself, you can grab it [HERE]!
Does anyone know where I could get a life sized big fucking gun, specifically the one Coulson used in the Avengers?
“Don’t worry,” Steve told him. “It’ll be okay. Maybe I’ll even be with him, where I’m going. Wouldn’t that be something?”
inspired by relativistic heat conduction.
a wallpaper version here :]
((puddle of FEEEEEEEELS))
Go read the fic. It’s gorgeous. Heartbreaking, but gorgeous.
I, for one, welcome our future Indo-Chinese lesbian cyborg president.
brb moving to australia
That’s some intriguing forward-planning the Aussies have going. We’re still trying to get gay marriage and socialized healthcare off the ground, and they’ve got cyborg lesbians ruling things in less than fifty years.